Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sunday Thankfulness



Hold onto what is good, even if it a handful of earth.
Hold onto what you believe, even if it is a tree which stands by itself.
Hold onto what you must do, even if it is a long way from here.
Hold onto life, even when it is easier to let go.
Hold onto my hand, even when I have gone away from you.
-Pueblo verse


The bounty of Mother Earth is good.  The freezer, root cellar and canning shelves are filling for the season that doesn't provide.

My hubby is going to be okay, even though he smashed the crud out of the end of his right thumb in a car door last night.  Bloodied, black and blue, and he will definitely lose the nail, but not the thumb.

The beautiful wonders of the mountain life as I spied a Red Tail hawk sitting on my compost structure this morning, just a couple dozen yards from the house.

The rains to help break the drought.

The talents that I have been given, that allow me to spin wool into yarn, knit yarn into garments, grow the bounty that will feed us.

Two pups that love us unconditionally and provide much entertainment.

Today, I feel very fortunate.

No comments:

Post a Comment