Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Jet lag

For some reason, the two hour time change to MST did not seem to disrupt my schedule too much.  I never sleep well in a strange bed, but skiing hard each day did seem to help  that some, especially if I had taken ibuprophen to ease the aged achey muscles at night.  Meals were eaten when hungry, or when it was a  convenient time to take a break from the skiing.  As all the delays in our travels put us at the condo in the late evening, all we did was unpack, unwind from 18 hours of travel and go to bed the first night in.

The return trip lacked the delays, thank goodness, and we arrived back in Norfolk in only 12 hours 40 minutes, however at nearly 11 p.m.  That night was spent with hubby's sis and shear exhaustion allowed for a good night's sleep.  Sunday was a 6 hour drive home, unpacking and a normal bedtime.  For some reason, the return trip has caused serious jet lag for me.  It has been difficult to roust myself from the comfort of our own bed the last two mornings, and basic chores like light house cleaning and the laundry from the vacation seem to wear me out.  It is now afternoon and I could easily take a nap, in fact, yesterday while hubby was in PT, I did go out to the car and take a short nap.  I guess, a couple more days and I will return to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment