Monday, January 16, 2012

Retirement Perks

The weekend has come and gone and I have little to show for it.  Maybe that is one of the perks of retirement, you don't have to get all of the chores done on the weekend.  We did get two workouts at the gym and I made homemade Thai curry, we had a little snow to enjoy, but no real work.

We soon will be leaving for a week to enjoy a skiing vacation in Colorado, another retirement perk, not having to schedule vacation time around the academic schedule.  The group we will be traveling with are mostly retired.  A surprisingly fun group, the group with which we celebrated the New Year's arrival.  I've never been a good skier, didn't start until I was almost 30, but it is a good time and they don't keep the slopes open 12 hours a day like they do on the east coast, so you can ski for a few hours then come in and fix dinner or get ready to go out for dinner.

The weekend also found me starting two new knitting projects and winding yarn for a third. This is partly because I can't decide what to take with me on our vacation and partly a reaction to having finished all my Christmas knitting, before Christmas, sort of a reaction only another knitter would understand.  When I was still in the work world, I never had more than one project going at a time, so maybe this too is a retirement perk or maybe hazard.

Well, since I slacked this weekend, I guess I should go clean the kitchen, a bathroom, do a load of laundry, or I can sit here and knit, since there is no job calling me tomorrow, perhaps I'll just wait for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment