Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Flu season

     The news is reporting that this is an early flu season and that the strains of flu this year are wicked.  I can attest to this.  What I thought started as a cold over 2 weeks ago, flattened me a week later with pneumonia.  Leaving the doctor's office with antibiotics and a heavy duty prescription cough medication, I came home to curl up in my recliner with a quilt and a book, which I slogged through between naps as the cough syrup's primary duty seemed to be to make me sleep.  As I was fighting to get better, my hubby was coming down with what he thought was the cold.  Yesterday, we were both back in the doctor's office, he being given the antibiotics and cough medication for bronchitis and a sinus infection, both of us being given inhalers to try to help tame the inflammation in our lungs.  Usually by now we have both had flu shots, but as hubby nearly always reacts to his, we delayed  because of household visitors and a trip to Texas for a birthday party for a cousin.   We both have had pneumonia shots, both endured the not too effective shingles shots to hopefully stave that malady, but the flu found us and in both of us, produced secondary infections.
     Rest assured, as soon as we are better, we will get this year's version of the flu shot and will be in front of the line next year when they are available.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment