Thursday, November 29, 2012

Mending

   
     It has taken me 4 days to do 3 loads of laundry, just washed and dried, not folded and put away.  And thank goodness the turkey was huge, soup made and coldcuts leftover from our daughter's visit, otherwise we wouldn't have eaten for those 4 days.  My ribs hurt to move, breathe and oh no, not again, cough.  The meds started Monday afternoon and this morning, so far, I think I am on the mend finally.  There have been lots of naps, curled under a quilt, most of a book read, no knitting done.  The dog hair is taking over the house, Christmas shopping and decorating not a priority.
     None of the herbal remedies I took when the cold started 10 days ago did much good this time and I wonder what shape I would have been in if I hadn't had a pneumonia shot last spring.  The cold was nearly gone on Sunday when I crashed hard with pneumonia.  Not an illness I wish to repeat anytime soon.  It is going to be a while until I feel like decorating and shopping, but at least I have remade the two guest beds this morning and I am about to fold a load of clothes, then I think it will be time for another nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment