Thursday, January 10, 2013

Seven Month Socks

     My first completed project of 2013 are my seven month socks.  I started this pair of socks when we left for Florida last June with pup and grandson in the car, on our way to Disney World.  The cuff pattern is Nutkin, which everyone else knit years ago and I started at least 3 times over those years, before I actually completed them.  I don't like patterns down the top of my foot as I have very high insteps and a pattern on top of my foot is uncomfortable, so I stopped the pattern at the bottom of the cuff, changed to my standard After Thought heel as I tend to wear out my socks there way too quickly.
     The yarn is Green Dragon Sock by David Simpson.  I can't find the band, so I don't remember the colorway name but it is muted browns, greens, blues to gray.
     I picked the socks up again when we started our holiday travel and they sat in my backpack until a few days ago when I tired of knitting on my daughter's sweater and needed a change.  It only took a couple of days of intermittent knitting to finish from the heels to the toes.  Now I have another pair of cozy hand knit socks for my drawer.

2 comments:

  1. Nice socks and they look so warm and cozy! I am beginning to want to knit and crochet again...and have a sweater pattern to crochet I fell in love with the other day. I am going to get the yarn and start it next weekend probably. Winter makes me want to bring out my needles...

    ReplyDelete