Saturday, March 10, 2012

Still recovering

Well, the weekend has rolled around again and I have nothing to show for the week. I guess that is what happens when you slug around or doze in the recliner trying to feel better.  The antibiotics are helping, but I still have difficulty breathing if I exert myself.

It is a gorgeous day outside, sunny, mid 50's, relatively calm winds today, so we ventured in to the farmer's market with the pup for some socialization with the herd of kids running around, the other pups visiting with their owners and scored some turnips, spinach, cheese, and 2 bars of soap.  Not a bad beginning to the morning.  Feeling pretty good, we continued this adventure with pup for a very short walk on the Huckleberry trail, working on come and sit with lots of treats.

Returning home, Jim volunteered to help me get the 2 Asian pears and 2 dwarf blueberries in the ground before they came out of dormancy in the garage, or died from neglect.  This almost proved too much for my healing system and I am now back in the recliner, trying not to have to take a dose of the codeine cough syrup which I think helps only by knocking me out.  Being in the garden makes me want to be in the garden more.  I see the weeds are beginning and know that if I don't do something about them soon, the task will be much more daunting in a couple more weeks and out of control in a month.  I failed to get a winter cover crop down in the fall as that was just as hubby broke his humerus and could do almost nothing for himself.

My plant light still has not arrived and the cute little sprouts on Wednesday are now 4 inch long leggy seedling that will not survive, so I guess all of the starts will have to be restarted.
I am going to wait for the light to be in hand before I do this to guarantee this won't repeat itself.  Unfortunately, the tomatoes that sprouted were a variety that I only had 6 seeds, since tomatoes are pretty forgiving, I may just plant them in deeper pots under the light and see if they strengthen up.

No comments:

Post a Comment