Monday, July 16, 2012

Adjustment and Readjustment

   Prioritizing all of the tasks that accumulate in a household even when you are absent from it requires readjusting to routines.  Getting back on the treadmill hasn't happened yet, but the other day to day tasks seem to be falling back into place.  I did manage to get the vacuum run on the upstairs and main floor this morning.  The garden is progressing, still need to either get the weedwacker or a garden fork into the aisles as the "straw" I put down was hay and I have an awesome stand of some sort of grass in the pathways and in any bed I mulched with it.

The yard hadn't been mowed in more than 3 weeks around the house and over a month in the extended lawn area.  When I do a big mow, it is about 6 or 7 acres and it really needed it.  To mow that, even with the tractor takes about 4 or 5 hours.  Part of it was done yesterday and finished this afternoon while hubby and grandson went to the Frog Pond, a local kid friendly pool.

It seems like I have done at least 2 loads of laundry every day since we got home and I did laundry at my daughter's just before we left.  I don't know where it is all coming from.

Shadow is adjusting.  She gets into playful tussels involving teeth and claws with the beast.  She  is a smart littl dog, having already mastered, sit, down, and kennel up on verbal command.  She is doing fairly well on leash training, but does stress on car rides.  It is amazing how much drool one little 30 lb pup can generate when stressed or carsick.

No comments:

Post a Comment