Thursday, July 26, 2012

It is good to be still

I have loved every minute of the past month with our children and grandchildren and I miss them deeply, regretting that they are far enough away that visits are infrequent.  But, it is good to be home, sleep in our own bed last night with no noises in the house other than our own quiet talk, the night breathing of my love beside me and the rustle of the pups as they find their comfort spot in their crates.

Today will be routine, laundry from guest beds, some gardening time if I can stand the heat (perhaps this evening as the sun drifts below the peak but the sky is still glowing in its aftermath).  No pressing items on our schedule, nowhere we have to be, no one to entertain.  I do love this quiet, unscheduled peace to rejuvenate from the flurry of the past month, but I miss my family already.

No comments:

Post a Comment