Friday, July 27, 2012

This Memory

A moment from the past.
Place is Shrine Mont, Orkney Springs, VA, a retreat enjoyed by my family since I was about 8 years old, a gathering of family and friends for a week of fellowship, fun, and food.

Event is the Christening of our daughter in 1983 in the stone Shrine, in front of these family and friends.  This is also the site of her wedding 2 years ago in front of family and friends.


Cast of characters: hubby, eldest son, 8 1/2 month old daughter, The Reverend Newt Wilbur (aka Big Daddy) and me.

Her christening gown, slip, and bonnet had been hand sewn and smocked by me for this event.

The week of this annual gathering is approaching and I regret that this year we will be unable to join them.























No comments:

Post a Comment