Saturday, September 1, 2012

Long Day

Today was my last day of my babysitting gig in NoVa and I had promised at least one outting with our grandson.  He was in a half day camp last week, which made trips on the Metro impossible.  Before heading home this afternoon, we rode the Metro in to the National zoo for a half day outting.  If you have never done this or been to this zoo, the Metro station is several blocks downhill from the zoo entrance and the zoo sits on a hill.  We got lucky as today was the opening of one of the renovated exhibits which was very well done.
 We saw the Giant Pandas and Asian elephants out today, walked many exhibits and I managed to wear a child out.
 This was on our way out and he was as worn out as the lizards behind him.
After riding the Metro back to their house, loading my stuff in the car I headed home for the 4 hour drive. Traffic was unusually light and the drive wasn't bad until I only had about 10 more miles of interstate and I drove into a horrific thunder storm.  After finally getting on the last leg of the journey and out of the heavy rain, I was treated to a rainbow.






No comments:

Post a Comment