Monday, May 27, 2013

Take it easy...

     After two nights of going to bed very late for me and getting up at my usual time, driving to Northern Virginia to return our son home after his week of work for us and then back the next day, followed by one of my nights where sleep must have been optional as I only slept for 4 hours in the early morning, last night I slept soundly for a good night's rest and have slugged around today.
     The usual chores were done, feeding the dogs, watering and letting the pullets out of the hen house, a bit of house cleaning as the dogs seem to create more hair on the floor than they wear, but that is another story.  After lunch, I decided to just take it easy.  I have read a bit, spun a bit, and prepared a bag to take while sitting in the waiting room tomorrow while hubby has arthroscopic knee surgery to find out or fix whatever has been causing him pain for the past 8 weeks.  We stocked up on some lunch foods and a few days worth of other groceries, but basically just took it easy.
      The fiber that I am spinning is Merino and Silk, the colors are called Jamaica.  It is a pretty blend of shade that look much bolder in this picture than in reality.
      This will be the last fiber that I spin on this wheel as I was lucky enough to score a new used Ashford Kiwi II today that should arrive within a few days.  This has been a nice starter wheel and the person who has expressed an interest in her is a new spinner and I'm sure she will love her as much as I have as I learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment